Correct me if I'm wrong but there are sixteen NFL games in the regular season, right? OK. So why do I keep hearing "This is a Must-Win Game for (insert desperate team here)" in Week 2?
A team's fate isn't sealed after two games. If they were then last year the Chargers, Vikings and Dolphins would not have made the playoffs after beginning the season 0-2. And Broncos and Billls would be Super Bowl favorites. We don't know anything that early. Remember Mine That Bird?
I'm not saying ESPN's NFL Power Rankings are an oracle or a beacon of truth but after Week 2 last year, they had the Miami Dolphins ranked 30th in the NFL. They went 11-3 the rest of the way. At the same juncture, they ranked the Dallas Cowboys number one. They missed the playoffs.
We don't know anything, yet. Enjoy the games, just don't place too much importance on the first two.
Wednesday, September 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment