Saturday, August 18, 2007

Update: Westport Used to Be's

Westporters,

Thanks for all the help in the comments section on my post featured in WestportNow.com. Even though I'm not old enough to recall many of the places mentioned there, I made a customized Google Map that is pinned with all the old stores and fixtures of the town. To the best of my ability, I filled in some of the blanks and inevitably, there will be some mistakes. The end result is quite amazing. I think there are over 110 pins all across the town, mostly saturated near Main Street. There are definitely a bunch of places I have left out because I had no leads to where the place was located... just the name. If you'd like to correct anything, add anything, or just list a few memories you've had, I encourage you to make the comments here so I can keep updating.

Here's the Westport Used To Be's Map.

Click on the blue pin to find out what was there. I recommend clicking on Hybrid to get both the satellite view and the street map. Have fun.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great work.

Post a Comment