Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Update

Well, it looks like my post about Westport's Used to Be's (which you can find below) has been featured on Westport's 24/7 News and Information Source WestportNow.com. What a surprise. I welcome any and all comments to the list that I've created. Don't worry, I won't be stubborn about adding more stores to the list. I changed the Comments settings so that anyone can post regardless of whether you have a Google account or not. So, please, feel free to help out.

I'm working on a list of Westport's Original's which will be a list of Westport stores and shops in town that have remained in Westport through it all. Interestingly enough, the first that come to mind are the deli's and pizzaria's in town. Feel free to contribute to that list as well.

-Tom

1 comment:

Peter said...

Hey man,

I am not that much older than you, I am 28. Here are my additions:

The Big Top - Now McDonalds
Arnie's Place/Georgie Porgie - Now Anthropology
State Trooper Barracks - Now Walkgreens
Grocery Store on Main Street - Used to be Barney's, now can't remember what store is there now
The Shoe Cobbler and bookstore at the train station - now come cell phone store and another, cant recall
The Apartment House across from Luciano park - now a parking lot
Porky Manero's - Now Conte's

Post a Comment